This simple meat free canapé can be prepared in advance and will be extremely popular with everyone at your party. Really delicious!
Ballyblue Cheese Mousse
- Dice up the blue cheese into small cubes and place in a blender with the cream cheese
- Bitz both cheeses together until smooth.
- Once blended place the mixture into a small tub and refrigerate.
Oakwood Cheddar Shortbread
- Simply place both flours, pepper and butter into a bowl and rub the butter into the flour mix with the tips of your fingers.
- Once the mixture resembles a crumble mix add the egg yolk and cheddar. Mix with a wooden spoon to bring the mixture together.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured board and knead for a couple of minutes until smooth. Cover the dough with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling out.
Sweet Quince and Port Glaze
- Place the quince paste and port in a small saucepan and heat gently stirring all the time until the quince is completely dissolved and the mixture is a thick glaze; set to one side
- Remove the shortbread from the fridge and roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Cut out small discs with a round cutter about 30mm in diameter.
- Bake on parchment paper at 170oC for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before brushing with the warm glaze and finally pipe the cheese mixture on top.
- Decorate the top with half a toasted walnut.